ForFarmers, the company that offers Total Feed Solutions for conventional and organic livestock farming has appointed Abate Pest Management to manage pest services at two of their locations.
Abate has implemented a proactive organic pest management plan at ForFarmers sites in Bury St Edmunds and Burston near Diss.
The new plan will see Abate visit both sites each month to carry out routine inspections and monitoring for rats, mice and insects. They will also carry out any required proofing to maintain a pest free environment. A reactive service is also in place if needed at any time, covering every type of pest and bird control.
Each quarter an Abate Field Surveyor (Field Biologist) will also visit. The Field Biologist is a pivotal role when managing pest control provision within food manufacturing / organic sites or sites audited by third-parties. The competent Field Biologist will provide technical expertise, provide service appraisals and help ensure compliance.
Jon Blake, Managing Director of Abate said “ForFarmers is a very professional organisation and view proactive pest management as a key priority in managing feed quality. We are delighted that our values are well aligned and look forward to a long-term relationship.”
As an organic site, Abate will use permitted controlled substances and techniques which include:
- Carbon dioxide, nitrogen, freezing, heating and vacuum treatments
- Mechanical, sound or light barriers to protect against pest ingress
- Electric fly control units containing shatter proof tubes
- Tamper-resistant bait stations containing legally approved pesticides
- Pheromone traps and inset detectors for insect monitoring
- Desiccant dusts such as DE and Amorphous Silica
- OA2Ki natural pesticide