Abate Pest Management Services has provided woodworm treatments since 1999.
Why Use Abate for Woodworm Removal?
- We have over 20 years’ experience in providing woodworm control treatments to householders and businesses throughout Norfolk
- We will treat a woodworm infestation quickly and efficiently, and will put measures in place to stop the issue from recurring
- We offer a 100% money back guarantee
- As members of the British Pest Control Association, we abide by their strict industry Codes of Best Practice
- We are ISO 9001 and 14001 accredited, giving you peace of mind that our processes have been strictly audited and found to be effective and professional
- We are CHAS accredited and a SafeContractor – putting health and safety competence first
- We protect staff, customers and members of the public through risk and COSHH assessments
Woodworm can be a major issue to both residential and commercial properties. Generally, woodworm infestation can be identified via small round holes in timber with dust below, but they can also be identified in a building survey, where you are informed that there are wood-boring insects present.
Woodworm can be introduced into the house in second-hand furniture or even chopped logs for your fire, but the beetles are also capable of flying in through a window from nearby branches of trees. They may then attack floorboards, joinery and, more seriously, structural timbers such as rafters and joists.
We recommend a thorough free site survey, completed by one of our skilled surveyors to establish the pest and the extent of the problem before recommending the correct application.
Our expert woodworm technicians will carry out a survey, discuss your problem, and provide recommendations for effective treatment, including associated costs. While we will treat your property (floorboards, timbers etc), we do not treat furniture.
OUR WOODWORM TREATMENT SERVICE
We offer an easy woodworm treatment service, which includes the following process:
Call or email us to discuss your pest problem and we will give you advice or arrange for our local technician to make a visit.
We will arrange a survey if necessary, at a time convenient for you and provide a quote and pest recommendations.
Abate Pest Management, BPCA certified technicians will visit to treat your pest problem. We’ll make as many visits as required to ensure your problem is resolved.
4. Guaranteed Service
We offer a 100% money back guarantee should we fail to eradicate a pest problem.
Woodworm is the general term used to describe all wood boring pests. The most common is the furniture beetle. The adult furniture beetle is a small brown insect which flies quite readily.
The female lays her eggs on rough unpolished wood and the grubs bore straight into the wood leaving no trace until they emerge 3 years or so later. This is usually between May and September.
Other wood boring insects include:
- Deathwatch Beetle
- House Longhorn
- Powder Post Beetle
- Wood Boring Weevils
- Ambrosia Beetle
- Fan Bearing Wood Borer
- Wood Borer and Wharf Borer
Yes! If you have noticed signs of woodworm in your home or business property, get in touch with us today, as we will help.